TOP 10 ENGINEERING COLLEGES IN INDIA-2016
Post Date:- 05.14.11
He ranking of the country's best engineering colleges has just gone official. HRD ministry recently released its first-ever list ranking of higher education institutions in the country. The rankings under the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) have been carried out in four categories: Engineering, management, pharmacy and university.
There were five key parameters on which an academic institutes were assessed, these include: Teaching, learning and resources; Research, consulting and collaborative performance; Graduation outcome; Outreach and inclusivity; and Perception.
Over 3,500 institutes participated in inaugural edition of these rankings, the process for which started in December 2015.
So, here's over to the country's 10 best engineering institutes.
1. IIT Madras tops the list with a weighted score of 89.42. Among the oldest IITs, the institute was established in the year 1959.
2. At No. 2 on the HRD ministry's list is IIT Bombay with a weighted score of 87.67. IIT Bombay too is among the oldest IITs in the country having established in the year 1958.
3. Next on the list is IIT Kharagpur. The oldest IIT in the country IIT Kharagpur gets a weightage of 83.91. It was established in the year 1951.
4. With a weightage of 82.03, IIT Delhi is fourth on the premier list. It was established in the year 1961.
5. IIT Kanpur ranks at No. 5 on the list with a weightage of 81.07. The institute was established in the year 1959.
6. Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee ranks at No. 6 on the list with a weightage of 78.68. IIT Roorkee was established in the year 2001.
7. Among the newest IIT on the list, IIT Hyderabad ranks at No. 7, with a weightage of 77.23. The IIT Hyderabad was established in the year 2008.
8. At No. 8 on the list is Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar with a weightage of 75.21. IIT Gandhinagar too was established in the year 2008.
9. The newest IIT on the list Indian Institute of Technology Ropar in Punjab ranks at No. 9. The institute which received a weightage of 74.89 was established in the year 2009.
10. The No. 10 on HRD ministry's list is Indian Institute of Technology Patna with a weightage of 74.68. The institute too is among relatively new IITs, having being established in the year 2008.